MOST IMPORTANTLY: PLEASE ENSURE YOU FOLLOW THE PROMPTS ON YOUR DEVICE AS PER THE STEP BY STEP PROCESS WHEN USING THE CHARGE POINT.
Please visit the charging page for the charge point you're using by one of the following options:
- By visiting https://char.gy/start and entering the charge point ID. Press Use charge point and you will be taken to the correct page.
- Alternatively you can visit the charging page directly by adding the charge point ID at the end of the char.gy URL. For example, to start charging on charge point 00035 you would visit https://char.gy/00035
- Once you're on the charging page, you will either need to login if you have an account or authorise a charge using Apple Pay / Google Pay. Please refer to our guides on creating an account or using Apple/Google pay.
- After either logging in or authorising a charge with Apple/Google pay you should be able to click Charge and then you will see a message prompting you to Connect your cable. At this point, plug the cable into the charge point.
- The charging page should then say Preparing and ask you to Please plug the cable into your car. Plug the cable into your car and remain on the charging page. Do not close the website.
- When your car is ready to charge please press the 'Start Charge' button that you will see. Please wait until the charging page says Charging along with how many kWhs you've currently used. You will also receive a SMS to confirm your car has started charging.
- When you are ready to finish charging please click the Finish charging and release cable button followed by Yes - finish the charge. The charge should finish and the cable should unlock. If the cable does not unlock, please refer to I can't remove the cable from the charge point.
- Please exit your web browser once you have finished charging.
If you're having any issues with starting or finishing a charge then please refer to this Help Guide linked here and if you still need help please call us on 0800 086 9606 (Option 1).